The Good Food Box is a fresh fruit and vegetable program, packed by volunteers, with high quality fruits and vegetables. The box contents change weekly, and provide a convenient and affordable way to eat good and healthy food.
Good Food Box Thursdays include a cooking class / shared dinner that uses foods from the box.
Pick up of the boxes is at the Compass every other Thursday (4-7 p.m.) or the following Fridays (10:30-2:30pm). Please check the current calendar for dates. The box is offered in partnership with Field to Table / Food Share Toronto. You can read more at Foodshare.
Here’s a list of the types of boxes avaialble. The boxes are offered to clients at reduced cost; community members pay the full cost
Good Food Box choices (Client price / Community Member price):
- Small Good Food Box – $10 / $13 – a fresh box full of vegetables and fruit.
- Large Good Food Box – $13 / $18 – a big box of goodness.
- Wellness Box –$10 / $13 – portioned fresh vegetables and fruit, some already cut-up and ready to enjoy.
- Small Organic Box – $20 / $24 – a fresh box full of organic vegetables and fruit.
- Large Organic Box – $30 / $34 – a big box of organic goodness.
- Fruit Box – $10 / $13 – just fresh fruit, bursting with flavour.
Contact the Compass for more information or to sign up for a box.