Low Income Tax Clinic

Register to Get Your Taxes Done

Book an Appointment


Where is it being held?

The tax program is being held at Christ First, Port Credit @ 151 Lakeshore Rd W.

No drop ins please. Appointments are required, to maintain social distancing.


What to bring?

Please bring the following information to your tax appointment to ensure proper and efficient filing of
your taxes.


  • Social Insurance ID Card (if you have one)
  • Photo ID: Driver’s License, Health Card etc.

Tax Slips:

  • Social assistance payments – T5007
  • Workers’ compensation benefits – T5007
  • Old Age Security and CPP benefits – T4A-OAS (yellow), T4AP (pink)
  • Employment Income – T4
  • Employment insurance benefits – T4E
  • Other pensions and annuities – T4A
  • Tuition – T2202A (generally available online from educational institution)

Tax Receipts:

  • Rent Receipt from Landlord – (not mandatory for filing but may be asked for by CRA later)
  • Property Tax Receipt if a homeowner
  • Charitable Donation Receipts
  • Public Transit Receipts – (applies to seniors only)
  • Medical Expenses – (deductible against taxes owing)

Other Documentation:

  • Previous year’s Notice of Assessment from CRA
  • Previous year’s tax return summary
  • All personal information (i.e. SIN’s of all family members, address, date of birth, marital status, dependents, etc.)
  • Disability Tax Credit Certificate (i.e. approval of Form T2201 from the CRA)

Are you eligible for free tax clinics?

You may be eligible for help at a free tax clinic if you have a modest income and a simple tax situation. Full details on the CRA website.

Modest income

Suggested income level
Family size Total family income is under…
1 person $35,000
2 persons $45,000
3 persons $47,500
4 persons $50,000
5 persons $52,500
More than 5 persons $52,500 plus $2,500 for each additional person

Simple tax situation

In general, your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from any of these sources:

  • employment
  • pension
  • benefits such as the Canada Pension Plan, disability insurance, employment insurance, and social assistance
  • registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs)
  • support payments
  • scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
  • interest (under $1,000)

Your tax situation is not simple if you:

  • are self-employed or have employment expenses
  • have business or rental income and expenses
  • have capital gains or losses
  • filed for bankruptcy in the tax year (or the year before, if that return has not yet been filed)
  • are completing a tax return for a deceased person

Translate »