The Good Food Box
You can order your own Good Food Box of fresh fruits and vegetables to be picked up at The Compass every other Thursday. It's packed by volunteers and prepared by Foodshare (a non profit), which means the price is well under the retail cost. The box contents change weekly and provide a convenient and affordable way to eat delicious and healthy food. This program is available to everyone. Compass clients receive a discounted price, and Community Members who order help subsidize the client boxes (while still receiving a significant discount on retail prices).
Types of Good Food Boxes (Client price / Community Member price)
- Small Good Food Box – $10 / $13 – a fresh box full of vegetables and fruit
- Large Good Food Box – $13 / $18 – a big box of goodness
- Wellness Box –$10 / $13 – portioned fresh vegetables and fruit, some already cut-up and ready to enjoy
- Small Organic Box – $20 / $24 – a fresh box full of organic vegetables and fruit
- Large Organic Box – $30 / $34 – a big box of organic goodness
- Fruit Box – $10 / $13 – just fresh fruit, bursting with flavour
Good Food Box Thursdays include a cooking class that features the produce in the box, followed by a social sit down dinner.
Pick up of the boxes is at The Compass (310 Lakeshore Road West, Mississauga ON) every other Thursday (4-7 pm) or the following Fridays (10:30 -2:30 pm). Please check the current calendar for dates.
Please contact us if you'd like more information or wish to order a Good Food Box.