Donate Securities Today
How to Donate Securities
To ensure your gift qualifies for a 2023 tax receipt, complete your mutual funds donation before December 8th.
All other securities donations before December 15th.
- If you’d like to donate securities, please fill out the form on this page with some basic information about the shares/funds and some personal details for tax receipting purposes (i.e. full name, address).
- Using this information, our donation platform CanadaHelps automatically produces a “Letter of Direction” which you can download.
- The donor then signs the letter of direction and provides it to their broker/financial institution.
- The broker/financial institution acts on that direction and transfers the requested number of shares from the donor’s investment account to the CanadaHelps’ account.
- CanadaHelps sells the securities on the day they receive them from the donor’s institution, provides the pledge documentation and materials for the donor, issues the tax receipt to the donor, and transfers the proceeds to the designated charity. Processing times for mutual funds may take up to 30 days.
The Compass is a registered charity: Charitable Registration Number 86235 2754 RR0001 (registered as Lakeshore Community Outreach Centre Inc)