Financial donations are always greatly appreciated. They enable us to purchase specific food items, to buy perishable produce and to support our many outreach programs for our clientele.
The Compass is a registered charity: Charitable Registration Number 86235 2754 RR0001
(Registered as The Lakeshore Community Outreach Centre Inc)
Tax receipts are given for all donations over $20
There are several ways you can give to the Compass
- Complete and mail in / drop off a donation form (click this link to open it) (cash, cheque, Visa and Mastercard)
Attention: The Treasurer
310 Lakeshore Road West
Mississauga, ON, L5H 1G8
- Visa or Mastercard over the phone – email our Treasurer Chris Corlett, at email@example.com for details (please do not email credit card details)
- Through PayPal using the “Donate” button on the right side of our website pages
- By credit card on the Internet through Canada Helps.
- By making a gift in your Will (contact our Treasurer)
If you own shares or mutual funds with capital gains, recent tax changes provide savings if you donate the securities to the Compass. You receive a tax receipt for their market value, and do not pay tax on the capital gains you made from them. To donate securities to the Compass, email our Treasurer, Chris Corlett at firstname.lastname@example.org, or ask your broker to contact her.
Fund raising for the Compass is another way in which groups and organizations support us. These may be events such as concerts, dinners or other activities or they may involve promoting donations within the group/organization.
Please inform us of any event you plan, so we can help publicize it. If you wish to have receipts provided from the Compass, please contact our Treasurer, Chris Corlett at email@example.com in advance to ensure we comply with government regulations.
We welcome all non-perishable food donations.
WE PARTICULARLY NEED:
* Pancake mix & syrup
* Granola / Cereal bars
* Salmon & Sardines
* Canned Meat
* Jam / Jelly
* Chili / Stew
* Instant Coffee
* Toiletries (shampoo, deodorant, feminine hygiene products)
- Please check “best before” and “expiry” dates before donating.
- You may bring food to the Compass during Market hours, or through special arrangement by contacting the Compass. For large donations, please call to arrange a time for the delivery.
- We also welcome donations of food including perishable items directly from food businesses. Please contact us or (905) 274-9309 to discuss.
- Food Drives for the Compass
- Food drives are a very important source to help us meet our food demands. We welcome food drives by groups.
- Please contact us or (905) 274-9309 for more information if you are interested in undertaking a food drive for the Compass